Join Our Team!
Big Brown House (BBH) are currently recruiting for Therapeutic Support Workers on a casual basis in the Newcastle and Dubbo regions.
Therapeutic Support Worker
BBH is a community based organisation focused on holistic family support and child protection. The team is made up of a group of people with varying backgrounds, all with a common goal; to respond to the needs of the community through high quality person-centred services that support children, young people and their families to reconnect and thrive.
As a Therapeutic Support Worker you will:
- Provide support to children and young people by assisting in positive life skills.
- Work towards set goals and follow a therapeutic based care plan.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the client.
- Current paid NSW Working With Children Check
- Clear and Current National Criminal History Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- An Australian Driver’s Licence
- A reliable and comprehensively insured car
- Completed or undertaking qualification in Human Services or similar (e.g. Community Services, Youth Work, Teaching, Child Care) or relevant industry experience.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining a safe and therapeutic work environment
- Have the ability to manage challenging situations with a positive attitude, applying policy, procedure and legislation requirements.
- Have the ability to deliver services to children and young people with high and complex needs.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Have strong communication and report writing skills.
- Be reliable and available for shift work.
- Partake in all ongoing training requirements.
In return you will:
- Be working in a therapeutic, supportive and committed team environment.
- Be provided with supervision, on-going support and opportunities for professional development.
BBH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements for the position.
Please submit a brief cover letter and a current CV, with the region you are applying for in the subject line (Hunter or Western) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact our HR Coordinator on 0474 370 612 or email email@example.com