Join Our Team!
Big Brown House (BBH) are currently recruiting for Therapeutic Support Workers on a casual basis in the Newcastle, Dubbo and Sydney regions.
Therapeutic Support Worker
BBH is a community based organisation focused on holistic family support and child protection. We offer quality, therapeutic services with a focus on providing children and young people in Out of Home Care (OOHC) with the opportunity to access support that assists in building positive outcomes.
We are committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of the children and young people in our care to ensure we can support each of their individual needs and wants and encourage people with varying backgrounds, skills, and experiences to apply.
As a Therapeutic Support Worker you will:
- Providing direct care to children and young people in a therapeutic residential setting
- Demonstrating positive life skills to children and young people (e.g. cooking, cleaning and self-care)
- Work with children and young people toward set goals, following their individual care plans.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of our clients
- Providing transport and supervision support for families
- Current paid NSW Working With Children Check
- Clear and Current National Criminal History Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Reliable and comprehensively insured car
- Completed or undertaking qualification in Human Services or similar (e.g. Community Services, Youth Work, Teaching, Child Care) or relevant industry experience.
- Ability and commitment to maintaining a safe and therapeutic work environment
- Have the ability to manage challenging situations with a positive attitude, applying policy, procedure and legislation requirements.
- Have the ability to deliver services to children and young people with high and complex needs.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Have strong communication and report writing skills.
- Be reliable and available for shift work.
In return you will:
- Be working in a therapeutic, supportive and committed team environment.
- Be provided with supervision, on-going support and opportunities for professional development.
Big Brown House is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
If you are interested in this role, please complete our Pre-Employment Application Form and submit a brief cover letter and a current CV, with the subject line Therapeutic Support Worker- Hunter, Therapeutic Support Worker – Sydney or Therapeutic Support Worker – Western to email@example.com.
For more information please contact our Recruitment Officer on 0474 370 612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.